Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Northeast Reining Horse Association Spring Spin, Part 3

Okay, I waited too long, and have forgotten quite a bit. :(

The high points:

1. It got warmer.

2. Given how sluggish Cinch had been in the class Saturday, I wore my spurs Sunday. He perked up, and we had good spins, and a good right roll back, no penalties.

3. I got a 64 in my last class (still a late lead change... Cinch and I have things to work on.) I'd promised myself that if I got a score better than 60 I would break down and buy a blingy belt. I'm still looking...

4. We all had fun. My barn mates all did well, the barn owner did really well with her two open horses, all the horses behaved very well, everyone was tired but upbeat.

5. Cinch and I kind of bonded, he's gotten a lot less mouthy with me and I think we can do this partners thing.

And, I'm looking forward to the July 4th weekend show; my goal being to get a better score again.




No comments: