Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Okay, some of them aren't that bad...

Addendum to my previous post: last week I helped out another SE, this one a Brit, who was looking to upgrade a customer from an ancient release to both a later release and a new hosting OS (linux rather than solaris). They wanted to first install their ancient releases to new linux servers, make sure the database was happy, and then do the upgrade.

I resurrected copies of the ancient releases, which I'd initially thought were long gone, casualties of disk clean up. I Gzipped up tar files and passed them along. He thanked me profusely and offered chocolate. I figured he was joking and said "dark, please."

He just swung by my office and gave me two big bars of Cadbury Bournville classic dark chocolate.

Okay, then.


1 comment:

neversummer said...

I got that one. The last one I had to get my very nerdy husband to explain. But chocolate is good, totally get that.